Adobe Output Designer (JetForm Design)
Visual Transformation Editor
Adobe Central Control (JetForm Control)
Back to Top
The Lab will go into more detail on each one of these topics as specifically applied to your application. Here are some examples of what could be covered during the lab:
Designing your form(s) from scratch.
More detailed training on advanced features of Output Designer (JetForm Design) specific to your application, for example the use of variables within a paragraph of text embedded within the form.
How to use the forms conversion tool to convert your forms to Central forms. As part of the fee, we will convert one of your forms. If you would like to convert additional forms, the charge is $19 per page which is our per page cost on the software.
Taking your data file and mapping it with Visual Transformation Editor. We will show you how to do section changes, calculations, dynamic mapping and any other features to handle your specific requirements.
Testing your data file with the Transformation Agent to ensure that we are extracting all the correct data
We will merge your transformed data with your forms and show you shortcuts on quickly making changes to your application and viewing those changes.
We will show you how to prototype Field Nominated Files to get the desired end result on printing, faxing or creating PDF files
If you require it, we will show you how to set up email output of your documents.
We can also show you how you can do archiving in PDF or PCL formats using an archiving custom agent that has been developed
We can work further with XML data, however, that does not include XSLT (stylesheets).
Back to Top
What to Bring
The goal of the Lab is for you to go back to your office with as many completed forms and applications as possible.
Your success in the Lab is very dependent on the information that we bring with you. Here are some tips on preparing for the lab:
- Bring with you several specific forms that you would like to work on. If at all possible, bring PDF files of these forms OR PCL files created in a LaserJet III driver. This way we can show you how to convert the forms automatically.
- If you cannot bring PDF or PCL files, bring original paper forms with you. We possibly can scan these forms, OCR them (Optical Character Recognition) and convert them into Central forms. There will be some cleanup that you will have to do with this method but it might be a lot faster than designing from scratch.
- Bring "Production Quality" data files to do the data mapping
- Bring data mapping instructions so you know what and where each field of data is.
- Bring any other information about specific business requirements for your application, like how you want to output the documents (print, fax, email, archive, Web delivery), what format you want (PCL, Postscript, PDF, HTML) and information on specific logic on assembling the documents.
The cost of the Lab is $1,200 for the one day and includes the one day of individual consulting, one user license of Swiftview (value $250), our TDF development toolkit (value $995), two forms automatically converted (value $38) and a 50% discount on any one JetTrac custom agent if you need it. (value $750).
Back to Top